The home is purpose built under a private finance initiative (PFI) to provide quality nursing care to its residents. It has 40 bedrooms and is registered by Care Quality Commission (CQC).
The home has been designed to be accessible to all residents. It's pleasantly decorated and well maintained. There is communal space for the provision of social, cultural and religious activities. Residents have wheelchair access to the home’s gardens, which are safe and secure for use by all, including those with dementia.
The day to day management of the home is provided by an experienced registered manager, who is also a registered nurse, with a deputy manager and administrator in support.
The home employs:
- Senior carers and carers who provide high quality 24-hour individualised care and support
- A catering team providing delicious, nutritious food
- Laundry staff
- A facilities management team which ensure that the building is safe, well maintained and clean
The staff at Four Rivers know that admission into a care home can be a worrying time for residents and their loved ones. Our aim is to make the transition as smooth as possible by working from a person-centred care plan that identifies and meets holistic need. We continue to ensure that we actively meet the needs of our residents by:
- Seeking feedback from residents and their families to ensure that the care and support provided is good
- Providing a warm, clean, safe and homely environment
- Fostering an open and positive culture where our staff feel valued and well supported
- Providing appropriate training and supervision for all levels of staff to ensure that they're enabled to carry out their job roles to a high standard
- Providing objective, continuous self-monitoring in order to keep driving forward improvements in our service